- Up to 1200 packs / hour
- Need extra 2 to 3 inch of shrink film for the chain to pull the film.
- Soft Shrink Capabilities – Lower Shrink tension.
- Optics / Appearances – provides transparent clarity, gloss and sparkler, enhances product appearance.
- Machineability – Stiffer film and easier to work on machine.
- Work on Candles – Does not have wet look after shrinkwrapped.
- Cheaper Price
PolyolefinShrink Film has the characteristic betweeen Polyethylene and Polypropylene film.
- Relatively soft
- Might be cross-linked.
- Higher Haze as more additives are required.
- Better Elasticity and shrink memory.
- More dwell time to seal. Limited speed capacity.
Polypropylene Film (PP Film)
- Stiffer film and improve machineability.
- Non cross-linked.
- Better optic, adhession of ink, label.
- Requires less dwell time to seal.
Polyolefin Shrink film can have customize characteriscs. It depends on what the percentage of PE or PO in the film itself.
- 3 sealing lines
- Polyolefin or PVC Shrinkfilm.
- 3 to 4 inches scrap. The film can be slightly bigger and it will shrink to the product dimensions.
- Perforated Film – Less barrier property.
- film has strong tensile strength, not easy to open.
- Need shrink tunnel to shrink wrap the plastic. The product exposes the heat from the tunnel.
- Can wrap any shape.
- tall products tend to have dog ears.
- Envelope Seals
- BOPP film
- No scrap. The film size must be exact.
- The product must have 8 corners (Box form)
- Need change over when the product size is different.
- Overwrapping has barrier property – cigarette and perfume products usually use it.
- easy to open from the envelop seals.
- No tunnel heating is required. Only short timing of contact heating to seal the Opp film.