Some packer does not want to invest on shrinkwrapping machine, they would ask the supplier to convert the POF shrink film from rolls form to bag forms. Shrink bags are used because:
1. Easy to use. the operators just insert the product into shrink bag, get the bottom sealed and put into shrink tunnel.
2. No high investment on the shrinkwrapping machine.
3. always get better finishing after the shrink tunnel. the bags can be cut into optimum sizes for shrinkwrapped.
However, they are some drawback on the shrink bags because:
1. The packers need to keep different sizes for different products. if each bags have MOQ, end up the packers need to stock a lot of different bags.
2. High man powers are needed to insert the products. very labour intensive.