- 3 sealing lines
- Polyolefin or PVC Shrinkfilm.
- 3 to 4 inches scrap. The film can be slightly bigger and it will shrink to the product dimensions.
- Perforated Film – Less barrier property.
- film has strong tensile strength, not easy to open.
- Need shrink tunnel to shrink wrap the plastic. The product exposes the heat from the tunnel.
- Can wrap any shape.
- tall products tend to have dog ears.
- Envelope Seals
- BOPP film
- No scrap. The film size must be exact.
- The product must have 8 corners (Box form)
- Need change over when the product size is different.
- Overwrapping has barrier property – cigarette and perfume products usually use it.
- easy to open from the envelop seals.
- No tunnel heating is required. Only short timing of contact heating to seal the Opp film.